This year marked the 45th anniversary of the partnership between the European Union and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), which will be celebrated in the EU-ASEAN Commemorative Summit on 14 December in Brussels. 2022 has also been declared “Year of Youth” both in ASEAN and in the EU, shining a light on the importance of youth to build a better future – more sustainable, inclusive, and peaceful.
On the 13th of December first EU-ASEAN Youth Summit will take place in Brussels, a unique space for Young Leaders to contribute with their different perspectives on current and future priorities for the EU-ASEAN relationship.
The Summit, a youth-led activity, is organised by EU ASEAN Young leaders forum, the Young Indo-Pacific Forum and the Youth Sounding board as an EU-ASEAN Commemorative Summit side event.
- Shada Islam, Founder and Director, New Horizons Project
- Commissioner Jutta Urpilainen, EU Commissioner for International Partnerships
- H.E. Dato Lim Jock Hoi, Secretary General of ASEAN
- H.E. Kim Sethany, Secretary of State, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, Cambodia
- Qyira Yusri, Special Advisor on Youth to the European Commission
- Young Indo-Pacific Forum
- Youth Sounding Board
- Young Leaders Forum
- Democratic Governance and Basic Rights in the EU and ASEAN
- Security in the Indo-Pacific Region
- Future of FTAs between EU- ASEAN and ASEAN Member States
- COVID-19 Mitigation and Recovery: an EU-ASEAN Health Partnership
- How can the EU-ASEAN cooperation in mitigation and adaptation support the Paris Agreement objectives and sustainable development?
- EU-ASEAN People-to-People Connectivity (Partnership in digitalisation, education, employment, and cultural exchange)
- Jurriaan Middelhoff, Ambassador for Youth, Education and Employment, The Netherlands
Presentation of the thematic recommendations
- Myriam Ferran, Deputy Director-General, Directorate-General International Partnerships (DG INTPA)
at Halles Saint Gery, Brussels
Opened 1-14 December, every day 10:00 – 18:00
The year 2022 marks 45 years since the establishment of the EU-ASEAN Dialogue Relations. On the occasion of this anniversary, EU and ASEAN leaders will meet in Brussels for the EU-ASEAN Commemorative Summit.
The exhibition 45 YEARS OF RELATIONS tells the story of the partnership through historical photos of high-level meetings and photos from EU-ASEAN cooperation.
Make a wish for the future of EU-ASEAN relations!
A wish tree, made of plastic debris from the ocean woven together by Indonesian artist Ari Bayuaji, will be exhibited for the first time in Brussels from Dec.1st to 14th.
Wishes about the future of EU-ASEAN relations will be displayed on the wish tree and published on 14th December 2022.
Share your wishes for the future of EU-ASEAN relations here!
at Halles Saint-Gery, Brussels
With the participation of Filipino-Belgian artist: Tanaflow.
Born and raised in Belgium, Filipino-Belgian aspiring artist, Tanaflow, has always loved music since a young age. It is through music that he can freely express himself.
He was first discovered at Les Apéros Chill in 2016, and since then has already played for various events in different cities in Europe and the Philippines organised by Wecandance Festival, Shindeiru Brussels, HHLS Paris and many more.
Recently, he became the Resident DJ of Shindeiru at one of the most notorious club in Belgium, BLOODY LOUIS.
In addition to that, he is also the Co-Founder of @kulturabrussels, a concept party and Radio Show that reunites “lowkey but not so lowkey” beat makers, DJ’s & artists to perform during the evening for an open-minded crowd. They recently created the Kultura Acoustic Sessions where local and international artists perform live at BRUZZ Studios to showcase their talent and work of art.
His music is mainly inspired by Soulection’s Future Beats, Funk, Hip-Hop and Old-School Music.
His purpose? To bring Good vibes, Inspire and Be Inspired!