Youth Sounding Board for EU in ASEAN (YSBEA) 2024-2025
In October 2022, the European Commission launched its first ever Youth Action Plan (YAP) for EU external action. The plan covers the period of 2022-2027 and serves as the EU’s guiding framework to “promote meaningful youth participation and empowerment globally for sustainable development, equality and peace”. Focusing on three core areas of action: Engage, Connect and Empower, the YAP is a timely endeavour to engage young people in EU external actions.
In August 2023, the EU announced the 25 selected youth from around the world to serve in the EU Youth Sounding Board 2023-2025. The selected youth will advise the Commissioner and the Directorate-General for International Partnerships (DG INTPA) on youth participation and empowerment in EU external action. The YSB is expected to contribute and influence EU external actions and international partnerships across the following political priorities: climate, environment and energy; digital and infrastructure; gender equality; human development; migration and forced displacement; peace and governance; sustainable growth and jobs.
Following the guidance of the Youth Action Plan and the EU Youth Sounding Board framework, the Delegation of the European Union to ASEAN seeks to establish a Youth Sounding Board for EU in ASEAN (YSBEA) for 2024-2025.
Ten youth representatives from ASEAN Member States and one representative of Timor-Leste will be selected to be the first ever cohorts of the YSBEA and invited to Jakarta, Indonesia to be officially inaugurated by the Ambassador of the European Union to ASEAN, H.E. Sujiro Seam.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Applicants must be between 18 to 25 years old.
- Applicants must be citizens and reside in one of the 10 ASEAN Member States (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam) and Timor-Leste.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated interest in EU-ASEAN related issues, represent a youth organisation/network, or have a proven track record of participation in youth driven initiative, youth policies, youth leadership position or engagement in community development.
- Applicants must provide a clear and concise description of their contribution to the programme and how the programme can support their engagement with the respective issues in their respective countries.
- Applicants must be committed to attend the inauguration and onboarding programme sessions and to be active in all future sessions with the Delegation of the European Union to ASEAN within their engagement period (2024-2025)
- Application period: 16 February – 17 March 2024
- There is no registration or participation fee
- No IELTS or TOEFL result is needed
- Each applicant must submit:
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing education and professional background, career achievement, organisations, written publication, etc.
- A ‘Letter of Intent’ (maximum 500 words) describing how you can contribute to the programme and how the programme can support. Your engagement with the respective issues in your respective countries.
- Supporting documents: copy of ID/Passport and a reference letter.
All requirements must be submitted no later than 17 March 2024, 23.59 Jakarta time via: email@example.com
Deadline: 17 March 2024
Annex 1: Terms of Reference